Fresh Food Hub Appoints E-Commerce Director to Drive Growth
Mark Farrant has been appointed E-Commerce Director of Fresh Food Hub, the new online portal which enables chefs and caterers to order fresh products from specialist suppliers around the UK.
Farrant moves to the role from Direct Seafoods, where he was Sales Director, and has previously held a range of sales roles within the foodservice sector. In overseeing the roll-out of Fresh Food Hub, one of his key goals is to add products from an even broader range of independent suppliers to the service.
Fresh Food Hub already brings together trusted suppliers used by more than 15,000 chefs across the UK hospitality sector, offering fresh produce, fish, meat and dairy from established regional suppliers, and backed by the national resources of Bidfresh. Businesses brought together on Fresh Food Hub include Direct Seafoods, Kingfisher, Daily Fish Supplies, Neve Fleetwood, Southbank Fresh Fish, Henson Meats, Campbell Brothers, Taylor Foods, Rustic Cheese and Oliver Kay.
Farrant said: “Fresh Food Hub brings technology into the kitchen in a friendly, intuitive way. It’s an uncomplicated ordering platform that gives chefs access to an amazing range of produce, while also enabling them to get on with their jobs.
“There are more great regional and artisan suppliers out there who would benefit from the nationwide access to chefs that Fresh Food Hub provides. Equally, as the branded casual dining sector struggles, there are real opportunities for independents and small groups to grow share. Fresh Food Hub give them access to products that give menus a real point of difference, all prepared to the chef’s exact specification.“
Chefs can access the hub at www.freshfoodhub.co.uk or by searching for ‘freshfoodhub’ on the App Store or Google Play. Benefits of Fresh Food Hub include:
• Specialist ‘anywhere, anytime’ ordering system tailored to chefs and caterers
• Order all fresh ingredient requirements – produce, fish, meat and dairy
• Order via mobile phone, tablet or computer
• Pricing and full product information including nutritional and allergen information
• Immediate proof of order, easy repeat orders, and access to order and invoice history
• Access to special offers and the latest market information
• View order cut off times and avoid voicemail order errors
• Add exact product specification at check-out